Summer is here, and for many of us, that means it’s time to start planning our next vacation. If you’re looking for a destination with hot, sunny weather and plenty of outdoor activities, there are many great options in North America to choose from. Here are some of the hottest weather vacation spots to consider for your next summer getaway.
- Palm Springs, California – Known for its hot, dry climate and stunning desert landscapes, Palm Springs offers plenty of opportunities for outdoor adventure. Go hiking in the nearby Joshua Tree National Park, take a dip in one of the area’s many pools and spas, or simply relax in the shade of a palm tree.
- Scottsdale, Arizona – With an average temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer months, Scottsdale is the perfect destination for sun worshippers. Take a hot air balloon ride over the Sonoran Desert, play a round of golf on one of the area’s many world-class courses, or explore the nearby McDowell Sonoran Preserve.
- Playa del Carmen, Mexico – Situated on the Caribbean coast of Mexico, Playa del Carmen boasts some of the most beautiful beaches in North America. Swim in the crystal-clear waters, go snorkeling or scuba diving to see the vibrant coral reefs, or explore the nearby Mayan ruins at Tulum.
- New Orleans, Louisiana – While it may not be as scorching hot as some other destinations on this list, New Orleans is still known for its sultry summer weather and vibrant culture. Explore the French Quarter, listen to live jazz music, and enjoy some authentic Cajun cuisine.
- Miami, Florida – With its white sand beaches, vibrant nightlife, and tropical climate, Miami is a classic summer vacation spot. Take a salsa dancing lesson, go on a sunset cruise, or simply lounge on the beach with a cold drink in hand.
No matter which of these hot weather vacation spots you choose, be sure to stay hydrated, wear sunscreen, and take breaks in the shade or air conditioning when needed. With so much to see and do in these sunny destinations, you’re sure to have a summer vacation to remember.